This world class resort, Furama Danang, reputable as the best beach culinary resort in Vietnam, overlooking the long stretch of wide white sand on Danang Beach, is a gateway to three World Heritage Sites of Hoi An (20 minutes), My Son (90 minutes) and Hue (2 hours). The 198 rooms and suites plus 50 two to four bedroom pool villas make it the Vietnam’s most prestigious resort with honored guests, royalty, presidents, movie stars, and international business leaders. Each room and suite features tasteful décor from polished timber floors to a marble bathroom and guarantees to leave a lasting impression. The resort’s culinary experience features a mixture of the authentic and locally inspired Vietnamese, Asian, Italian and other European cuisines plus the best imported steaks. From the casual bars overlooking the Pacific Ocean or by the Lagoon pool in the middle of the tropical garden to the true Italian flare offered at the Don Cipriani’s and the Asian touch of Café Indochine or the renowned Wagyu, Kobe beef at the beach-front Steak House “The Fan”, not to mention the stunning Seafood Market Buffet “cooked to your tastes” and Afternoon Tea Buffet are daily unique in Central Vietnam. Beside the very traditional 16-string instrument performance, guitar soloist and live Filipino music band, there’s a Cham Dance Art and Vietnamese Folklore performances being on the resort's beach, free entry to all guests.
This award-winning resort offers extensive diving spots just off one of the world’s most luxurious beaches as well as many other water sports and spa treatments. For those who like to work out on their holidays, there’s a Fitness Centre in our Health Club. Use of swimming pools, games rooms, kid club, sauna and steam bath as well as tai chi classes in the morning is free of charge.
Da Nang has its own International Airport with domestic flights to Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh city, Buon Me Thuot, Pleiku, Nha Trang, Quy Nhon and Da Lat. There are international direct flights from Bangkok and Singapore with plans for future flights from Macau, Japan and Korea. Furama Resort Da Nang is just 15 minutes drive from Da Nang International Airport.
The Furama Resort Danang has created a lasting impression for both local and international visitors. This is not only due to the government's confidence in its attentive care for dignitaries such as Hu Jintao - People's Republic of China's Secretary General, Jiang Zemin – People's Republic of China's former Secretary General, President Nathan of Singapore, President Papulias of Greece, Queen Sophia of Spain, Prince Henrik of Denmark, Crown Prince of Japan, Royal Highness Prince Bolkiah of Brunei Darussalem, ASEAN Secretary General Pitsuwan as well as Miss World 2008 Ksenia Sukhinova, Miss World 2006 Tatama Kucharova, Miss World 2004 Maria Julia Mantilla, Miss Grand Slam Asia 2009 Tran Thi Huong Giang, Miss Earth-Water 2006 and Miss Philippines-Earth 2006 Catherine Yu Untalan and Miss Vietnam Ao Dai Runner up 1995 Chung Vu Thanh Uyen but it is also because the Furama is a place that has been selected to host significant events at both the national and international level.
While the "Diving Base" is pioneering international-standard scuba diving in Vietnam, the resort also develops as a renowned venue for events, conference, incentive travel and VIP's arrivals with its own ocean-front Helipad right on the beach. Furama Danang provides free wireless internet to all public areas including lounges, restaurants, bars, ballrooms and meeting rooms.
Awards & Accolades
Awards received in 2015
- Golden Dragon Award 2015 by Vietnam Economic Times and Ministry of Planning and Investment
- Excellent Enterprise 2014 by Danang People's Committee
Awards received in 2014
- Green Brand Award 2014 by Economics and Forecast Magazine
- The Guide Awards 2013 - 2014 by Vietnam Economic Times' The Guide Magazine noting "Prestigious and Luxurious Brand Name in Hospitality in Central Vietnam"
- Gold Circle Award 2013 by Agoda
- Travellers' Choice Award 2014 by TripAdvisor
Awards received in 2013
- Travellers’ Choice Award 2013 by TripAdvisor
- The Guide Awards 2012 - 2013 by Vietnam Economic Times’ The Guide Magazine noting "Prestigious and Luxurious Brand Name in Hospitality in Central Vietnam"
- Gold Circle Award 2012 by Agoda
- Golden Dragon Award 2012 by Vietnam Economic Times and Ministry of Planning and Investment
Awards received in 2012
- Gold Circle Award 2011 by Agoda
- olden Dragon Award 2011 from Vietnam Economic Times and Ministry of Planning and Investment for the resort's "Most liked services"
- "Best E-Commerce Award 2011" by WorldHotels at Worldhotels Annual Conference 2012
- The Guide Awards 2011 - 2012 by Vietnam Economic Times' The Guide Magazine noting "Gold standard luxurious resort is famed for its beautiful gardens, pools and beach"
Awards received in 2011
- The Guide Awards 2011 by Vietnam Economic Times’ The Guide Magazine noting "This gold standard luxurious resort is famed for its beautiful gardens, pools and beach"
- Hot 25 Leisure Hotels by SmartTravelAsia.com noting the "Excellence as a Hot 25 Leisure Hotel/Resort in Asia"
- Vietnam's Leading Spa Resort 2011 by World Travel Awards
Awards received in 2010
- Winner 2010 of Agoda Gold Circle Award for superior online service.
- Top 40 Beach Resort Hideaways in the World by Travel+Leisure.
- Green Hotel ASEAN Tourism Forum.
- WORLHOTEL’s E-commerce Impact Award.
- Golden Dragon Award from Vietnam Economic Times and Ministry of Planning and Investment.
- Top Trade Services Award from Vietnam’s Ministry of Trade and Industry.
Awards received in 2009
- Top Ten five-star Hotels Vietnam 2008 Award presented by Vietnam Tourism Association (VITA) for the 7th consecutive year.
- Golden Dragon Award 2008 from Vietnam Economic Times and Ministry of Planning and Investment.
- Top Trade Services Award from Vietnam’s Ministry of Trade and Industry which recognized the resort’s invaluable contribution to the country’s tourism industry.
- The Guide Award 2008 - 2009 by Vietnam Economic Times and its tourism and hospitality magazine The Guide that noted the excellent performance of Furama Resort Danang with the appended remarks: "Efficient and reasonably priced resort at one of Vietnam’s best beaches, gold standard".
Awards received in 2008
- Third place of Top 10 Dream Hotels from the WorldHotels portfolio.
- The Guide Awards 2008 by Vietnam Economic Times’ The Guide Magazine.
- Vietnam’s Leading Resort by World Travel Awards, the most prestigious awards in the international travel industry.
- One of the top 10 beach resorts in Southeast Asia by Singapore-based online hotel booking site Agoda Company.
- One of the 20 most outstanding architectural works in Vietnam during the country’s “doi moi” process selected by the Vietnam Architecture Association on April 26.
- Perfect Quality - Services Award from the City’s Youth Newspaper on Jan 15 for the resort’s invaluable contribution to the country’s tourism industry.
- Top Trade Services Award from the Ministry of Trade and Industry on Jan 6 for its high growth speed, excellent business performance, and competitive ability and affirm its strong trademark in the market.
- Best Conference Hotels in Asia, 2007 by readers of online travel magazine SmartTravel Asia.com.
Awards received in 2007
- Top Ten Hotels in Vietnam 2006 Award on July 9, 2007 from the Vietnam Tourism Association (VITA).
This is the sixth year in succession Furama Resort Danang has received a Top Ten Hotels Award in Vietnam.
- The Guide Awards 2007 on June 15, 2007 by The Vietnam Economic Times’ The Guide Magazine noting the excellent performances of the Furama Resort Danang.
- "Vietnam the Best" award on May 26, 2007 by the e-newspaper Vietnamnet, in cooperation with the Vietnam Chamber of Commerce and Industry (VCCI) for outstanding brand name in tourism industry in Vietnam.
- Century International Quality Era Award on April 23, 2007 in the Gold category by the Spain-based Business Initiative Directions (B.I.D) for Excellence and Business Prestige.
- Winner of the Trophy for the year 2007 on January 2007 by the Selection Committee for the 32nd International Award for Tourist, Hotel and Catering Industry, an award created by Spain-based Editorial Office’s Publishing House in collaboration with the Trade Leaders’ Club to honour the most outstanding establishments in the tourist, hotel, restaurant and catering fields.
- "Seven Stars and Stripes® Award" on January 31, 2007 by Seven Stars and Stripes Inc., based in New York, USA. The exclusive award recognizes the Furama Resort Danang as having best services in Vietnam.
Awards received in 2006
- The Furama Resort Danang is honorably awarded “The resort that has the best marketing and sales team” at the APEC Tourism Fair which is organized by APEC member economies to remark the APEC Tourism Ministerial Meeting in Hoi An, Quang Nam province on Oct 16-18.
- Top Trade Services Award by the readers of Vietnam Trade Newspapers, February 2006.
Awards received in 2005
- "Da Nang Beach is one of the six most luxurious beaches in the World"-voted by Forbes Magazine, October 2005.
- "Best Resort Vietnam", voted sixth-year in a row by readers of Vietnam Economic Times and The Guide magazine.
- Best Service Resort by the readers of the Trade newspapers Vietnam.
Awards received in 2004
- "Best Resort", voted fifth-year in a row by readers of Vietnam Economic Times and The Guide magazine.
- WorldHotels Members Choice Award, the Furama Resort was voted amongst 500 leading hotels and resorts for its identification with WorldHotels, and the quality of product, service and cooperation towards other member hotels in 2004.
- Gold Award for Best International Incentive by ITMA (International Travel & Meeting Association) – United Kingdom.
- Voted one of the Asian region's top resorts by the online hotel reservations web site: www.asiahotels.com.
- Named Vietnam's top resort in the prestigious "Top Ten" hotels awards by the Vietnam National Administration of Tourism for the fourth consecutive year.
Awards received in 2003
- Named one of the region's top resorts by the online hotel reservations web site: www.asiahotels.com.
- Selected as Vietnam's top resort in the prestigious "Top Ten" hotels awards by the Vietnam National Administration of Tourism, fourth year running.
- Awarded "Best Resort Trophy" 2003 by The Guide Magazine, voted by readers of Vietnam Economic Times and the Guide Magazine, fourth year running.
- Certificate of Merit for outstanding contributions to the tourism development of Da Nang by Paul Stoll from the People's Committee of Da Nang, Major Nguyen Ba Thanh in January 2003.
- Certificate of Merit for outstanding contributions to the tourism development of Da Nang by the Furama Resort from the Peoples Committee of Da Nang, Mayor Nguyen Ba Thanh in January 2003.
- One of Asia's Best Hotels and Resorts in the first edition book of Asia Hotels and Euro Hotels (300 Hotels & Resorts were selected of 3800 hotels & resorts in Asia) January 2003.
Awards received in 2002
- One of the 25 Best Spas in the world by “The Mail on Sunday” Magazine, U.K, issue 29 December 2002.
- Gold Star award for quality tourism by the business initiative directions, Spain, 20 December 2002.
- Certificate of Thanks for outstanding contributions of the Furama Resort for water safety and commitment to the aims and objectives of the Royal Life Savings.
- Society by the RLSS Commonwealth President, in August 2002.
- Customer Hotel Award 2002 by Asia-Hotels.Com
- Top Ten Hotel 2001 (positioned 1st place among foreign invested and managed hotels), by the VNAT
- Mr. Fix-it, Paul Stoll, GM - FR, by the Hotel Asia Pacific Magazine.
- Best Resort, by the Vietnam Economic Times & The Guide Magazine.
- Certificate of Appreciation, the Department of Navy, Army, Airforce of USA.
- PADI Resort (No.R-6604), by the PADI International Resort Association.
- Certificate of Merit, by the People's Committee of Da Nang.
- Certificate of Merit, by the Trade Company Union.
- Certificate of Merit, by the Trade Union.
- Certificate of Merit, by the People's Committee of Da Nang.
- Trophy 2002, by the Trade Leaders Club of Spain.
Awards received in 2001
- Ten Best Dream Hotels in Asia, by the Esquire Magazine HK, May 2001.
- PATA Member, by the VNAT, since 1 March 2001.
- National Tourism Star Medal, Paul Stoll, GM - Furama Resort, by VNAT (23 July 2001).
- Certificate of Merit, by the Vietnam Insurance Company.
- Top Ten Hotel 2000 (positioned 1st place among foreign invested and managed hotels), by the VNAT.
- International Quality Century Award, by the Business Initiative Directions of Spain.
- Trophy 2001, by the Trade Leaders Club of Spain.
- Certificate of Merit, Paul Stoll, GM - FR, by the People's Committee of Da Nang.
- Certificate of Merit, by the Social Insurance Company.
- Certificate of Merit, by the Medical Insurance Company.
- Certificate of Appreciation, by the Quang Nam Tourism Authorities.
Awards received in 2000
- 5 Star Recognition, by the VNAT (1 February 2000).
- Trophy 2000, by the Trade Leaders Club of Spain.
- Top Ten Hotel 1999, by the VNAT (First award ceremony).
- Asian Best Resort Hotel, by the Epicurean Revue, USA.
- Certificate of Merit, by VNAT.
- Certificate of Merit, by the Da Nang Trade Union.
- Certificate of Merit, by the People's Committee of Da Nang.
Awards received in 1999
- Deluxe Hotel, by SRS-WORLDHOTELS (1 July 1999)